Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Week 36

Today was a good day--I was feeling pretty good and then I felt even better because my office threw me a surprise baby shower. They got tons of stuff for the baby, including lots of little things I (well, she) really needed. Anyway, it was just fun that they thought of me and did that for me/her.

So, there are only 36 days left. I am starting to feel a little nervous...but I am still more than ready for that day to arrive. Well, I take that back. I was supposed to pack my overnight bag tonight, but I ran out of time. Plus, I can't find my "master baby list" right now, which basically means I have no idea what needs to be done. Once I write something down, I forget about it (which is the beauty of a list), but that means that things are going undone left and right while I track that little sucker down. I should really stop making my lists on my teen-weeny memo pad at work...but that is just how it works. What is really driving me crazy is that there are things I could cross off if I could find it...oh, well--enough about the list! Can you tell I am tired?

Matt and I rented a car on Saturday and ran a bunch of errands in New Jersey on Saturday. We got a bunch done, but the best part is that we got to eat at Baja Fresh. I am telling you, it was worth the rental fee just for that. Yum.

The baby is huge and her little foot was really hurting me tonight. The doctor said she is pretty sure she is already in the head down position, but she is going to do an ultrasound at the next visit to be sure. She said she will check the baby's weight, too.

Matt got to meet and introduce Elliot Spitzer yesterday. Pretty cool. Spitzer is running for governor and is pushing for state funding for stem cell research; while Columbia can't endorse any political candidates, the medical student organization (of which Matt is co-president) can do whatever, so he was the link between the two. It was pretty cool and he got to meet quite a few big-wigs.

Well, I had better go to bed. The days just go so quickly...well, the evenings do, anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wouldn't worry. you'd be amazed at how many people come in without their bags and stuff. the hospital staff has everything at their firngertips and does everything for you while you're there, all you have to worry about is relaxing and that little detail of having a baby. i'm so excited for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

How come we don't get to see any pics of Matt's belly during this process? I for one would like to see it!

We miss you both at Mid-City but are so happy for the little gift on the way...

Peace,
Kaz

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! : )