Thursday, June 05, 2008

Life with a 2 year old

I just have to vent! In the last 48 hours, I have:
-cleaned up the cup of iced tea Lizzie poured all over my chair and rug
-taken her to the ER because I thought she swallowed a magnet (she was taunting me with it in her mouth during time out, so I tried not to reward her with attention, but then this magnet was completely gone the next time I looked and I had to take her just to be sure...there was nothing on the x-ray)
-pulled a straw out of the toilet
-tried to save my phone after Lizzie threw it in the full bathtub
-cleaned up an insane amount of purple crayon from my couch and throw pillow
-caught Lizzie standing on the table while I cleaned up the throw pillow
-cleaned up the soot Lizzie got everywhere after she got it all over her hands from my candle snuffer that she grabbed while she was on the table and got everywhere while I cleaned up the couch
-pulled a beaded necklace out of the toilet

I think she is acting out because Matt has been gone so much and the threat of rain has kept us indoors. Poor baby. Wahoo seems depressed, too. Or maybe he is depressed because he is turning 3 next week. Hopefully today will be a better day! Oh, I just looked over and they were kissing each other...I will take that as a good sign.

3 comments:

Lynsey said...

oh i cant wait till im a mother (:

Unknown said...

I think we may never have kids.

Anonymous said...

Somehow it seems only natural that the next thing on the list would be "Pulled Wahoo out of the toilet."