Friday, April 28, 2006

20 days left (or less)!

So, we are now in the waiting game. The nursery is as ready as it is going to be (we have to wait until the end of May for our rocker, and early June for one of the sets of window hardware) and the rest of the place is pretty clean. It is good, but it is a little wierd. Everyone at work says that I look like I am about to burst, and that is pretty much how I feel. My heartburn is out of control and my feet are so huge. She has really run out of room, so I can feel her body parts jutting out almost all of the time. I mostly feel her side and her little rump and her heels (as they dig into my side), but every once in a while I can feel her shoulder and her hands, too. One time I put my hand on my stomach at work and she brushed her hand (or arm, I am not sure...I just know it wasn't a foot because of the proximity) back and forth on the spot I was touching for a long time. It was pretty cool. I am going to start working from home next week, so that should help me feel more comfortable and will definitely help with the swelling. I am worried that I am going to get a little stir crazy, though. It is hard to be patient! As nervous as I am about labor, I am ready to get this party started. The doctor said I have already started progressing, so that is a good start. It doesn't really mean too much, but it could be sooner than later. I think we will know more when I go again on Tuesday. Anywhoski, here are some pics. Who knows, they could be the last!

37 weeks




36 weeks

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

three chears for an Alexander on the way!

Anonymous said...

cheers... I's a graduate

winnie niemeyer said...

we are anxiously awaiting the "brenda has gone into labor!" phone call! we can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda,

Once she is here, your heart will open in ways you never imagined, and you will find your capacity to love greater than you ever thought possible! We will be praying for you, Debbie & Kenny

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda,

Once she is here, your heart will open in ways you never imagined, and you will find your capacity to love greater than you ever thought possible! We will be praying for you, Debbie & Kenny

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! i can't believe it! it's just too crazy!

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to say that although you might feel huge, you look adorable! i wish we could come see you guys again this summer. can't wait to see pics of you guys as new parents! oh yeah! the nursery looks great!

Mark said...

20 days...Holy Pooh Bear--that's tomorrow! I can't wait to hear the good news. Thinking about you three. (c:
Mark

Anonymous said...

Any baby yet? We expect one of you to leave a rushed blog on your way to the hospital so we know when it's happening! We're excited for you!

Anonymous said...

You guys had her! i've seen her picture, SO CUTE!! congratulations, can't wait for the blog about the whole thing!