Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Sorry for the confusion

Okay, so I think I may be leading people on by talking about moving so much, because every time I talk to someone, they think that we are actually moving to San Francisco in 4 weeks. So, let me clear the air.

August: San Francisco
September-December: New York
January: Ontario + travel for interviews
February-March: New York
April-May or June: Ontario
May or June: Move to permanent location

We ARE moving out of this apartment (the movers come 7/27) and will be subletting for the remainder of our time in NYC. Why? Because it will save us money (6 months of subletting at a higher rate is still cheaper than signing a new lease and paying for the 2-6 months we don't need). Plus, we need to live in an apartment that has an elevator. I can still lug Lizzie up the stairs now, but as I get further along, I won't be able to leave the house at all since she refuses to climb up the stairs just because she is 2 and that is her job. Also, we MIGHT be staying somewhere in CA for February if Matt sets up another away rotation for that month. Confusing enough? The bottom line is that we should be back in CA permanently next April. We find out at the end of March where Matt will have matched (aka gotten a job), then we will have a little time at my mom's to figure out housing, etc.

That being said, we are really excited to get to SF in just a few weeks! I have to admit that I am also excited to get one last fall in NYC. It is my favorite time here, especially once all of the Christmas stuff is out. Of course, this will be my favorite fall here because we get a new little baby.

In other news, Matt started his 4th year today. It is finally his last first day of school. We are officially in the home stretch, at least as far as school goes. New challenges await us in residency, but for now we are looking forward to a relatively relaxed year as far as hours per week worked. Matt had a whole week off between 3rd and 4th years, so his parents, Aunt Judy and Uncle Dwayne came out to visit us/see the city. We went to a Yankees game, but had to leave because it absolutely poured. No biggie, though, because Lizzie was ready to go by that point, anyway. Matt and I got to go on a date to Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill while Matt's parents babysat. It was so delicious. We all went rowing in Central Park, including Lizzie! It was so fun. We had not done that yet because we just assumed that Liz was too young, but she isn't and now that we know we might go again. We also got to eat at the Tavern on the Green, the last big item on my "To Do in NYC Before We Move Away" list. Then over the weekend, we got to catch up on lots of sleep and get lots of packing and cleaning done. We also notified our landlord that we would not be renewing our lease and we reserved movers, so we are really feeling like we are officially on our way out!

Well, I guess this post is getting pretty long, so I will leave it at that for now and post some pics.

Shake Shack



Matt rowing us around



Okay, I look really bad in this picture, but Lizzie has the cutest look on her face.



Tavern on the Green



Not only do they have insanely delicious food, they have awesome balloons.






Posing while taking a break from cleaning out Lizzie's closet (see the mess on the floor to the right?).

No comments: