Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Quick Update

Since I have an enormous amount of stuff to do today, I am procrastinating just a little longer to write a blog while I finish my coffee. The movers have come and gone with all of the stuff that is going to my moms. We have been trying to get this place cleaned out and spruced up, but you know how it goes...there is always more to do than you first thought. Plus, our plan to get rid of a ton of stuff is easier said than done when you live in a walk up, one of you is pregnant, and one of you always has to be with your two-year-old. But, what can you do? Today seems almost impossible, but I will do my best. Lots of cleaning ahead! So much food to throw away, so many errands to run, etc...I think I can handle the cleaning, but it seems like there won't be enough hours between the time Matt gets home and the time stores/storage closes that something is going to go wrong. I guess we will just have to do our best.

Some girls looked at our apartment last week and loved our paint, so cha-ching! That saves us a ton of money, since we don't have to pay to have it all returned to white. The only problem is, they were so eager to get in that we have to be out tomorrow at noon. We are staying in a hotel tomorrow out by JFK, but I am trying to plan it out so that I can run some of the errands tomorrow and kill enough time in Manhattan to wait for Matt to finish work (at an unpredictable time). The nice thing is that we have a car right now, the not nice thing is that driving in Manhattan is dicey and parking is ridiculously expensive. Plus, I can't really carry anything since I have to carry Lizzie...I really should have arranged for some help this week! Oh, well. It is just a reminder of one of the reasons that we want to go back...family and friends! You know, those people you guilt into helping you in situations like this. Of course, in Manhattan you just hire help for those things--well, for anything. So, I just arranged day care for Wahoo (also expensive), so I at least won't have to worry about him. Now I just have to figure out how to load up the car with last minute stuff, return our cable boxes to the bronx, replace the zipcard we can't find (and have to have on Sunday), and mail a massive box of photos, the silverware we forgot to point out to the movers, and my maternity pillow that is too big to fit in a suitcase. Plus, we are mailing our Tivo to ourselves because I don't want to miss any of the Olympics.

Well, that is enough cathartic rambling...I had better get to work. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOD GRIEF! i'm stressed out just reading all that! Make a Kallie voo-doo doll and write STRESS on it in Sharpie, see if that helps relieve it all.

SEE YOU IN A FEW WEEKS!!