Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Shopping in NYC

So, yesterday was crazy, but fabulous. Matt and I took Lizzie for her first pictures with Santa. Waiting in line at Macy's was like being on a ride at Disneyland. It was so amazing. They had quite a set up. I have some pics, but they are on the other computer. Anyway, then we went to the big Old Navy to return some stuff, H&M for a sweater for me, and then it was off to the Toys R Us in Times Square. It was such a great trip. I found several toys for the baby and now I am having fun playing santa, which, for a six month old, means wrapping her gifts right in front of her face. I put up our Christmas decor today, except for the tree. We decided to go artificial since it is so hard to get a tree up and down the stairs and recycling is a pain. Plus, around here a fresh tree is pretty pricey, especially once you add in all the fees. Anyway, it should get here soon and then I can finish all the decorating. It is so much fun. I wasn't really sure how I felt about the santa thing before...I just feel guilty outright lying to Lizzie, but I think I am over it. Next year will be the real test, but right now it seems like it would be sooo much fun. Well, I had better clean up all the wrapping paper I let Wahoo play with.
Bren

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda ~ Just found this...and I'm excited to hear updates on life in the big city! And...you caught my attention about Santa -- thought I'd let you know, we had Santa fun with the kids when they were little....then, when Johnny was about 5 he said, "I think I know who Santa is..... you!" So cute and bright! And bright enough that we explained he was right...it's just a fun game moms and dads like to play for their kids. From then on he was the big brother who helped play the game with us for the others. Good memories :) Thanks for sharing ~ hope to hear more from you soon! We miss you - come visit! Love to you all. PK