Monday, October 10, 2005

Columbus Day in NYC

Well, the city was pretty empty today. It was kind of nice. We had a rainy weekend here and spent almost the entire time at home. I took Wahoo for a walk in the light rain on Friday night. He had fun chasing the wet leaves that blew in the wind at the little park by our apartment. I had a nice conversation with a man who had the same type of dog and same type of outfit as me (boston terriers and black velour sweatsuits--we just had to stop and talk!). That is one thing I like about it here--making new friends on the dog walks.
We went to another church this week and I think we both like it. I am bummed there aren't any good Nazarene options around here, though. It is just one more huge change I am having to deal with. Oh, well.
Matt's family is coming for Thanksgiving and I am really looking forward to it. Then it will only be a month until Christmas and California!
It has been getting cold here pretty quickly. I am realizing how ill equipped I am for a New York winter.
We miss all of you very much. I hope to hear from all of you soon.
Bren

2 comments:

David said...

Mmm... what I wouldn't give to have a leash on me and walk around on all fours chasing wet leaves all day...

Anonymous said...

Men in velour track suits are my favorite!